The Awardaroo Way is based on the solid project management principles of time, cost and quality management. We manage your business growth issues, prioritise them and take the actions required to resolve them — for good.
We achieve this by inverting the organisational pyramid, creating greater collaboration, improving communication and increasing innovation.
Traditional organisations work from the top down. They’re focused only on the bottom line, which seems to get closer and closer. They lack the human-centric focus that businesses need to thrive.
To succeed in the 21st century, businesses need to be learning organisations. This means human-centered, living and breathing entities. Unlike their traditional predecessors, learning organisations do notneed to use carrots and sticks to motivate employees. Employees and customers can’t wait to buy from, work for and partner with a learning organisation.
Learning organisations create more value every day, which in turn makes them more profitable every day.
● Processes critical for growth
● Improved alignment across staff and customers
● Improved recruitment and retention
● Improved end-to-end coordination
The traditional approach to solving business growth issues is to drive sales harder or run a marketing campaign. This is an understandable response, but it’s reactive.
But we know that a proactive focus on business improvement delivers sustainable business growth. Through the good times and the bad.
This is why change management and cultural transformation are central to our business improvement plan. We don’t believe in putting a pin in problems. They’ll just crop up again later on. Our bespoke business improvement plans will allow your business to transform and focus on growth long-term.
We’ll help you develop, execute and sustain your business improvement strategy. This transformative process allows your business to sustain change over a long period, to ensure your business succeeds long-term.
We achieve this by creating strong leadership within your business. We ensure management has the necessary time and tools to lead your business improvement programme.
1. Prepare leadership to focus on customer needs, finance and transformation.
2. Assess your business culture for continuous business improvement.
3. Implement a programme approach and help sustain it so it becomes business as usual.
4. Technology review.
5. Consistent messaging.
6. Involve every employee to increase productivity, accountability and buy-in to create an enterprise-wide programme.
7. Establish value chain impacts, value streams and critical paths that may be impacted.
If you want to work fewer hours, increase your market share and grow your business, ABSOLUTELY. Get in touch today and we'll start with a free consultation.