Are there any successful businesses out there that still don’t realise that their most important assets are their people? Any business is reliant on the people who staff it – who face customers each and every day, who man the phones, who generate the leads…
No people, no business.
So how do you ensure that the people in your business create a good vibe – create the environment that helps to grow your business? Clearly it’s important that your recruitment policies are sound and that you motivate your employees once they’re on board so that they continue to make good things happen to your bottom line.
Collaboration – Sales, Marketing & Customer Service Departments
Attracting and keeping the right people is key. Creating the correct business and working environment where teams are valued is important if you’re to encourage collaboration and communication between teams that will do so much better if they are all working to the same goals. Communication and information sharing between teams is important as it will help with your people retention, as well as make everyone’s jobs easier!
How To Improve Staff Performance
Helpful and constructive staff reviews will help with retaining your best people and encouraging people who are struggling with one area of their work.
Looking at your staff as a whole in terms of their performance as a department, and as individuals you can:
- See which of your employees are performing well, and which ones need a boost
- Identify performance and process issues experienced by individual team members, or the team as a whole
- Provide positive feedback, training and direction on their activity and results
- Open up the lines of communication between managers and employees through 2-way feedback
- Create a culture of collaboration between frontline departments, enabling cross-departmental feedback and input, bringing a fresh perspective to existing situations
- Reduce the burden on company resources by supplementing, and in some cases, completely replacing the need for traditional staff training methods
- Summarise feedback notes for a particular staff member, department, process, product or campaign.
If you want staff to contribute to your organisation and make it successful then making them feel valued is the biggest step. Value can be shown in many ways; a verbal acknowledgement, a thank you letter, a promotion or a salary raise. Also supporting them with systems that help your staff do their jobs easily and intuitively will also make your people feel valued in the workplace.
Awardaroo is such a system and has been shown to have an immediate effect where companies are using its call tracking, monitoring and codifying functions for instance. Staff engagement is increasing, poor performers are being identified and trained to do better, and the best performers in sales teams are being rewarded – which all leads to a motivated workforce as well as a healthier looking bottom line. Just imagine how satisfying & profitable it would be to give more leads to the sales person who converts the best – and less to the sales person who is NOT converting – if only you knew who they were. Find out more.